Friday, August 25, 2006

Honoring those fallen on Septmeber 11, 2001

I was serfing through verious blogs the other night when I ran across this site,
http://digitalirony.blogspot.com/2006/08/bloggers-to-honor-911-victims.html
I can not find any words that can come close to expressing what I would like to say. Everything I attempt to come up with saying only seems so vain and trivial. But this is not about me.
One of the victims of the terrorist attack of 9/11/2001 was Glenn WIlkinson. He was a lieutenant with the New York Fire Department.
This short tribute is an attempt to pay respect to his effort, life and sacrifice he made on 9/11.

Lt. Glenn Wilkinson, age 46.
Place killed: World Trade Center.
Resident of Bayport, N.Y. (USA).

1 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Anonymous mtnwmn said...

What a beautiful photograph.

I watched them carry Father Judge away but Glenn Wilkinson was the first fatality I heard about. My friend worked at the same house, although on the ladder and he told me that they'd lost a Lieutenant. I couldn't believe it.

Thank you for your tribute. I just had to check in and let you know how much I appreciate it. Blessings to you and yours.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home